NYS Thruway Bans Tractor Trailers Ahead Of Winter Storm
As of 8 am this morning Governor Cuomo issued a Travel Advisory for all areas east of I-81 as well as a travel ban on tractor trailers on certain roads due to the hazardous winter weather conditions being forecasted in many parts of the state. Motorists are urged to avoid any travel unless absolutely necessary, and all tractor trailers, tandem trailers, buses, box trucks, and other high profile vehicles will be restricted from entering the following roadways:
- New York State Thruway from Exit 36 (Syracuse) to the New York City line, including the Berkshire Spur to the Massachusetts State Line, I-95, Garden State Parkway Connector and I-287
- I-88 from Binghamton to Albany
- I-81 from Pennsylvania line to the New York State Thruway
- Route 17 Binghamton to I-84
- I-84 from the Connecticut State Line to the Pennsylvania State Line
- I-684 from I-84 to I-287
The New York State Police will strictly enforce the ban and will stop and ticket anyone who is in violation.
Keep Up To Date
Take us everywhere you go with our new App. Listen live with all of your favorite shows with fewer commercials. The new app lets you call, message or tweet at us anytime or send us photos and videos. The app also gives you the ability to receive notifications about breaking news, weather alerts, traffic advisories and school closings happening in and around Central New York.
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download the App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.