DIY Mosquito Trap – Worth A Try? [VIDEO]
If you live in Central New York, you know quite well that mosquitoes can be a pain in the well…..you know. Usually I’m the one who will go to the store and buy a fogger, or other chemical to wipe them out. Typically I’m not the “home remedy” guy, but I saw this and thought it was worth a try. If any of my listeners have tried this, I would be interested in the report. Is it science? Or just someone with a lot of time on their hands.
HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP:
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
1 2-liter bottle
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)
Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control.