More Than 30 Children’s Medications Recalled In CNY For Possible Contamination
King Bio has issued a Nationwide recall of 32 different types of children and infant medicine due to a potential microbial contamination.
The Journal of Pharmaceutical Microbiology says microbiological contamination refers to the non-intended or accidental introduction of microbes such as bacteria, yeast, mold, fungi, virus, prions, protozoa or their toxins and by-products.
According to the FDA, a small percentage of products produced between 08/01/2017 and 04/2018 have tested positive for microbial contamination. Out of an abundance of caution, the products are being recalled.
The medicine was distributed Nationwide to distributors and retail stores August 2017 – July 2018 and could still be on store shelves.
Use of drug products with microbial contamination could potentially result in increased infections that may require medical intervention and could result in infections that could be life-threatening to certain individuals. King Bio has not received reports of injury or illness to date.
The recalled medicine was distributed Nationwide August 2017 – July 2018 and could still be on store shelves :
- DK Attention & Learning Enh.
- Chicken Pox Symptom Relief
- Children's Appetite & Weight
- Children's Appetite Enhance
- Children's Cough Relief
- Children's Fever Reliever
- Children's Growth & Development
- DK Newborn Tonic
- DK Nosebleed Relief
- Children's Ear Relief Formula
- DK Teething
- DK Colic Relief
- Tummy Aches
- Kids Multi-Strain Flu Relief
- Kids Stress & Anxiety
- Kids Sleep Aid
- Kids Bed Wetting (NP)
- Kids Candida 4 oz
- Kids Attention & Learning (SCRX)
- Bed Wetting Prevention (SCRX)
- Chicken Pox Symptom Relief (SCRX)
- Children's Cough (SCRX)
- Children's Ear Formula (SCRX)
- Children's Fever Reliever (SCRX)
- Children's Growth & Development (SCRX)
- Colic Relief (SCRX)
- Newborn Tonic (SCRX)
- Teething (SCRX)
- Tummy Aches (SCRX)
- Children's Appetite & Weight (SCRX)
- Children's Appetite Enhancer (SCRX)
Consumers who have the recalled medicine should discontinue use and contact King Bio at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements to return it.
Consumers with questions regarding this recall can contact King Bio by 866-298-2740 or e-mail email@example.com, Monday – Thursday 830am – 330pm, EST.
Consumers should contact their physician or healthcare provider if they have experienced any problems that may be related to taking or using this product.