Did You Know If You Play “Maybe I’m Amazed” Backwards You’ll Hear A Recipe For Lentil Soup?
Fun delicious fact: If you play “Maybe I’m Amazed” from Paul McCartney backwards you’ll end up hearing a recipe for a lentil soup?
This was discovered on an episode of The Simpsons called “Lisa The Vegetarian”.
McCartney helps Lisa become a vegetarian and tells her that if you play this song backwards, you hear a recipe for lentil soup. Over the closing credits of that episode, if you listen carefully, you can hear the backwards message.
The lentil soup recipe Paul speaks backwards is:
– one medium onion, chopped
– two tablespoons of vegetable oil
– one clove of garlic, crushed
– one cup of carrots, chopped
– two sticks of celery, chopped
– half a cup of lentils
– one bay leaf
– one tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley
– salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
– two and a quarter cups of vegetable stock or water”
Here’s the video:
Subscribe to 96.1 The Eagle on
Have you ever tried to make this soup?