Did You Know If You Play “Maybe I’m Amazed” Backwards You’ll Hear A Recipe For Lentil Soup?
Fun delicious fact: If you play “Maybe I’m Amazed” from Paul McCartney backwards you’ll end up hearing a recipe for a lentil soup?
This was discovered on an episode of The Simpsons called ”Lisa The Vegetarian”.
McCartney helps Lisa become a vegetarian and tells her that if you play this song backwards, you hear a recipe for lentil soup. Over the closing credits of that episode, if you listen carefully, you can hear the backwards message.
The lentil soup recipe Paul speaks backwards is:
- one medium onion, chopped
- two tablespoons of vegetable oil
- one clove of garlic, crushed
- one cup of carrots, chopped
- two sticks of celery, chopped
- half a cup of lentils
- one bay leaf
- one tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- two and a quarter cups of vegetable stock or water”
Here’s the video:
Have you ever tried to make this soup?