Mark Cuban’s Tips For The Powerball Winner
Dallas Mavericks owner and ‘Shark Tank’ star Mark Cuban is one of the most visible billionaires on the planet, and he has offered some tips for the eventual winner of Wednesday’s $1 billion plus Powerball jackpot.
In an interview with the Dallas Morning News, Cuban suggested that if there is just one or two winners the first advice would be NOT to take the lump sum, because he says, “you don’t want to blow it all in one place.”
Here are more of Cuban’s tips:
- Hire a tax attorney right away.
- If you weren’t happy yesterday, you won’t be happy tomorrow. Its money not happiness.
- If you were happy yesterday, you will be happier now that you don’t have to worry about bills.
- “Tell all your friends and relatives no. They will ask. Tell them no. If you are close to them, you already know who needs help and what they need. Feel free to help SOME, but talk to your accountant before you do anything and remember this, no one needs $1m dollars for anything. No one needs $100k for anything. Anyone who asks is not your friend.”
- Don’t make investments unless you are already a savvy investor
For the rest of Cuban’s advice, read the full interview from the Dallas Morning News.
Oh, and share the wealth!
Subscribe to 96.1 The Eagle on