Male Grooming Myths
There are so many myths and old wives tales about everything, even how men groom themselves.Whether we refrain from shaving every day or avoid eating chocolate before going to bed, there are 10 common grooming myths that experts have debunked.
Here’s the list from AskMen:
10) Neglecting to wash your face causes blackheads. Not washing your face may clog your face but excessive washing could actually be worse for your skin.
9) Anti-dandruff shampoos eliminate flakes. It does, but not if you use it every day. You should alternate shampoos.
8) Stress causes gray hair. It may promote the graying process, but if you've gone gray, genetics get more of the blame than stress.
7) Brush your teeth after eating. Sounds like a good idea, but it's actually better for the enamel on your teeth if you wait at least 30 minutes.
6) More shaving cream results in a better shave. Just use the right amount. Adding more and more cream doesn't do anything except waste shaving cream.
5) Don't moisturize if you have oily skin. You can, just make sure you clean your skin first.
4) Hats cause hair loss. Nope, that's genetics.
3) Shave in a downward motion to avoid irritation. To be more accurate, shave in the direction of the hair to avoid irritation.
2) Eating chocolates leads to breakouts. Acne has nothing to do with chocolate.
1) Shaving makes hair grow back faster and thicker. Hair characteristics are controlled completely by genetics.