July 9th Free Levitt AMP Concert Line Up
Opening Act tonight is Our Common Roots who take the stage at 6 pm. Their Facebook page says they're a blues, folk, rock & roll alternative band and the line up includes:
- Brian Lucenti - Lead Vocals/Harmonica
- Andy Soroka - Lead Guitar
- Ryan Flynn - Rhythm Guitar/Backup Vocals
- Justin Parker - Drums
- Kevin Fox - Bass
They describe their style as:
Catchy songs with vivid lyrical imagery belted out by singer Brian Lucenti with gusto and groove. Accented by the harmonies and seamless picking style of rhythm guitarist Ryan "Huck" Flynn. Blistering psychedelic soundwaves from the Strat of Andy Soroka. The driving drum beat of Justin Parker. Words hardly do justice how much fun these guys have when they play together, as it truly is a spectacle to be seen, heard, and felt. [Facebook]
Taking the stage at 7 pm is headliner Sophistafunk.
Their website says 2018 has already been a busy year with new music, a Cali Tour, and a new Mercedes Sprinter tour van. Sophistafunk is from Syracuse and has gained international notoriety with their unique combination of live hip-hop, funk, and jam music.
Also on the schedule tonight:
- The Utica Roadrunners will be on site meeting near the stage at 6:50 pm to assemble for their 2-mile “Boilermaker Cool Down” run and will be back for the headlining show.
- Made in Utica will be promoting Handshake.City with a booth set up for more info.
- Utica Dance will take the stage during intermission for a short song and dance routine.
- The Community Foundation has bought out Gloria’s Ice Cream Truck and is giving free ice cream to the audience tonight only.
Pack a picnic dinner during the show or let the family order what they want from the food on site:
- El Jefe’s
- Big Papi’s Conquito Icey’s
- Louie around 7:30
- Greater Utica Rotary will be selling water and chips
- St. Mathew’s Temple Young Dept. will be selling baked goods
Special activities for the kids include:
- Mad Props photo booth
- Sidewalk Chalk
- Corn Hole