5 Reasons To Choose A Tax Professional [SPONSORED CONTENT]
So you've got all your documents gathered. You've got your; W2s, 1099s, mortgage interest, daycare expenses, receipts and your copy of last years return. You're ready to load your tax software or hop online and do it yourself this year. Are you sure?
Consider hiring a pro to do your taxes if you need to use complex tax forms. You should be able to do the simple 1040-EZ yourself, but that is rare. Here are five reasons why you should choose a tax professional over an online service or with home computer tax software.
1) You can get into detail with you questions. Do you own a home? Got kids? Do they use daycare or attend college? Do you itemize? Professionals can go into more detail about the questions you have regarding these tax concerns.
2) Have your older taxes reviewed. Chances are that if you're a new client, they'll review last years forms, or even the year before, to make sure you didn't miss anything or make a mistake. As a matter of fact, the prefer you bring in older returns for details on what to do this year.
3) You can get involved. A professional tax preparer will make you a part of the filing process. Deductions and entitlements change often and what may not be available in February, may become available in March ensuring a bigger refund. Example, a child college credit deduction just become available in late February.
4) You sign, they sign. A tax pro will double check your return and ask additional questions before signing. Then you sign in front of witnesses instead of trusting cyber security.
5) Save time. You have your job to do and so do they. That's all they do all day long, taxes. By having a pro do your taxes you can spend more time focused on your job or your friends and family. Sure it costs a few bucks, but it's worth it.
This article is sponsored by Liberty Tax Service with located on Seneca Turnpike in New Hartford next to Subway. Contact the New Hartford office today to schedule your tax preparation at 315-736-7915.