We All Scream for Ice Cream: Ice Cream Station Opening Soon
It's getting to be that time of the year again... Ice cream places and shops in Central New York are going to be opening in the coming weeks.
Mother Nature may not be able to make up her mind of whether we're going to have spring weather or be thrown back into winter, but that doesn't matter. It's not going to stop ice cream shops from opening up. Besides, it's never too cold for ice cream.
The Ice Cream Station in Ilion is the first one (that we saw) to announce their date of opening for the 2017 Ice Cream Season. They posted the announcement on their sign outside:
That means it's almost ice cream season in Central New York. Other places across our area have started announcing their openings as well. We'll have a whole list of ice cream shops and when they're scheduled to open available next week (Wed. March 8th).
And if you don't want to wait, there are quite a few places that serve ice cream all year. Here are just a few of those places:
- Riverside Diner in Marcy
- The Ice Cream Factory in Sangertown Square
- The Soda Fountain in Remsen
- The Knight Spot in Frankfort
- Mercer's Dairy in Boonville
- Red Door Dairy Store in West Winfield (They have a few varieties of hard ice cream, but will have more varieties and their soft serve available in the coming weeks)