Ice Cream Road Trip – NY Has An Ice Cream Trail
That's right, adding to the growing popularity of beer and wine trails, and even cheese trails, New York State now has an ice cream trail that will take you on a beautiful road trip through the Adirondack Mountains.
The folks over at OnlyInYourState.com came up with the ice cream trail that begins in Speculator and ends in Queensbury, near Glens Falls.
The trip takes about 5 hours to drive, so its possible to make the whole trail in a day, but we don't recommend eating that much ice cream in 5 hours.
What a perfect excuse to take your time.
Here's the list of ice cream stores you'll visit on the trail:
- Lakeside Licks - Speculator
- Skyline - Tupper Lake
- The Cone Cabin -Lake Clear
- Donnelly's Soft Ice Cream - Saranac Lake
- Mountian Mist Custard - Saranac Lake
- Emma's Lake Placid Creamery - Lake Placid
- Wind-Chill Factory - Ticonderoga
- Main Street Ice Cream Parlor - Chestertown
- Martha's Dandy Cream - Queensbury
You can see a fully interactive version of the trail map at Google.com/maps.
When you hit the road this summer for some fun, don't forget the Ice Cream Trail!