How to Survive a Power Outage
Thousands are without power in CNY and some of you are not expected to have it for quite some time.
You don’t realize how much you depend on electricity until you don’t have it. Hare are some things to do so next time it will be easier. Yes, unfortunately, there will be a next time.
- Have a stockpile of ready to eat food. Things like peanut butter, summer sausage, granola bars, nuts, and water is a good start.
- Have plenty of flashlights and batteries. Candles are also great but remember they’re a fire hazard.
- Purchase a battery-powered radio for further information from 96.1 The Eagle.
- Download the 96.1 The Eagle Mobile App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notification for breaking news.
- Have a car charger for your phone. Use your car to keep your cell phone charged so you can keep in contact with your neighbors and the elderly.
- During the winter, it’s a good idea to keep at least a half of a tank of gas in your car.
Subscribe to 96.1 The Eagle on