How To Find Out When National Grid Will Have Your Power Back On
There are thousands without power in CNY. When will yours be restored?
National Grid's Power Outage Map shows where the downed power lines are and what they're doing to fix the situation. If you come across a downed power line, always assume it's live, as it could save your life. You can report or check a power outage they even give you a summary of the weather and remind you about carbon monoxide poisoning, also known as the silent killer.
National Grid offers several ways to keep up to date:
Receive text alerts
Sign up for National Grid state-level broadcast text alerts by texting the word STORM to NGRID (64743)*.
Outage news & updates
Receive local power restoration text alerts by texting the word SUM followed by your town, county, or state to NGRID (64743)*.
For example, if you live in Utica simply text SUM Utica.
Sign up for email alerts during storms as well as access to outage reporting and more.
GET THE LATEST ROAD CONDITIONS:
Keep Up To Date
Take us everywhere you go with our new App. Listen live with all of your favorite shows with fewer commercials. The new app lets you call, message or tweet at us anytime or send us photos and videos. The app also gives you the ability to receive notifications about breaking news, weather alerts, traffic advisories and school closings happening in and around Central New York.
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download the App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.