How Do You Know You Are Getting Older?
We all hate getting older. We are all turning into the people that used to aggravate you when you were younger. Didn’t think about that, did you? Actually, you know you are getting old when people younger than you start complaining about getting old. Hmmmm. Here is an unofficial guide to getting old. I can relate to a lot of these. Can you?
A new survey asked people to name the signs you're getting old. Here are the top 15. So if these don't apply to you, you're NOT as old as you think . . .
1. Feeling stiff. Ok, go ahead and blame it on the weather.
2. Groaning when you bend down. Chip does this.
3. Saying, "It wasn't like that when I was young."
4. Saying, "Back in my day."
5. Losing your hair. I’ve been luck in this area, but still a lot of pepper.
6. Not recognizing any songs in the Top 10. Nope, can’t do it.
7. Hairy ears, bushy eyebrows, and extra nose and facial hair. I grab the tweezers anytime I spot a crazy hair.
8. Hating noisy bars and restaurants.
9. Talking a lot about your joints, or your day-to-day aches and pains.
10. Forgetting people's names.
11. Choosing clothes and shoes for comfort over style. Absolutely
12. Thinking cops, teachers, and doctors look young.
13. Falling asleep in front of the TV. Guilty.
14. Needing an afternoon nap. Wish I could get one.
15. Finding you have no idea what young people are talking about.
We’re all getting old, but we don’t have to be annoying about it. Let’s just get old gracefully and accept the changes around us. You’re only as old as you act, I always say. I guess that would make me about 12 years old.