Trail of Ice Cream in CNY
If you like spur of the moment road trips boy do we have one for you. This trip is great for the family and can be done in one day or two depending on your pace.
The Ice Cream Trail, from Only In Your State, is 225 miles and takes about 4 hours 44 minutes, give or take depending on traffic.
The first stop and the starting point is Martha’s Dandee Crème, 1133 U.S. 9, Queensbury, NY 12804
2. Main Street Ice Cream Parlor, 6339 Main St., Chestertown, NY 12817
3. Wind-Chill Factory 794 NY-9N Ticonderoga, NY 12883
4. Emma’s Lake Placid Creamery, 2507 Mirror Lake Dr. Lake Placid, NU 12946
5. Mountain Mist Custard, 260 Lake Flower Ave. Saranac Lake, NY 12983
6. Donnelly’s Soft Ice cream 1564 NY-86, Saranac Lake, NY 12983
7. The Cone Cabin, 6386 NY-30, Lake Clear, NY 12945
8. Skyline, Tupper Lake, NY 12986
9. Last Stop, Lakeside Licks 2903 NY-30, Speculator, NY 12164
Your best bet is to have one of your passengers plug addresses into your GPS and start at stop one and work your way through all the stops on the trail. This is a great family adventure for the price of a tank full of gas and some ice cream.
If you are counting your calories, you might want to sit down for this. Based on a family of four and having one half cup of soft serve ice cream at each stop you make, your family will consume, are you ready for this, 6,876 calories. But keep in mind that is a projected total for the family. So, have another sundae and watch the calorie wheel spin out of contol.
Subscribe to 96.1 The Eagle on