Snow Emergencies Issued In CNY
In anticipation of tomorrows snowstorm, several area communities have issued a Snow Emergency.
- The City of Utica has declared a Snow Emergency from 10 am, Wednesday, February 7, and will remain in effect until further notice.
- The Village of Whitesboro is declaring a Snow Emergency from 9 am to 11 pm Wednesday, February 7,
All vehicles must be off the streets during the Snow Emergency to facilitate safe passage for snow removal and emergency services. The Snow Emergency applies to all city streets and roadways with no exceptions. Overnight parking permits are not applicable during a Snow Emergency.
The City urges no unnecessary travel on City streets due to dangerous travel conditions.
Vehicles left on City roads after 10 am tomorrow morning are subject to ticketing and towing at the owner's expense.
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Watch from 6 am Wednesday morning through 4 am Thursday for CNY.
There's the potential for significant snow, sleet or ice accumulations that will make travel extremely difficult with gusty winds over 25 mph bringing whiteout conditions. From Wednesday morning through late Wednesday night we could see localized amounts of snow up to 10 inches.
Keep Up To Date
Take us everywhere you go with our new App. Listen live with all of your favorite shows with fewer commercials. The new app lets you call, message or tweet at us anytime or send us photos and videos. The app also gives you the ability to receive notifications about breaking news, weather alerts, traffic advisories and school closings happening in and around Central New York.
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download the App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.