Can You Tell When Someone Is Feeding You A Line?
Some people just believe anything you tell them and some people are really good at giving out BS. You've seen these guys. Unless you're horribly gullible, you've probably developed a decent B.S. RADAR. A new poll on Reddit.com asked people to name the phrases that IMMEDIATELY make them call B.S. on someone. Here's the top seven . . .
1. "Running late! Be there in five minutes." That really means . . . "I won't even be leaving the house for another five minutes."
2. "I'm fine." That really means . . . "I'm not fine."
3. "I'm not trying to be rude." That really means . . . "I'm about to say something incredibly rude."
4. "Just kidding!" That really means . . . "I'm mostly kidding, but there's some underlying truth about how I feel in there."
5. "That was my last piece of gum." That really means . . . "I have plenty of gum."
6. "To be honest with you . . ." That really means . . . "I haven't been honest in anything else I've said so far."
7. "Clearly," "obviously," and "basically." Those three really mean . . . "I don't have any real evidence to support what I'm saying."