Can You Spot The Ticks On this Muffin?
We are in the season of the year that it may seem that it should be easy to spot fleas and ticks on you and your pet. At least you would think it would be that easy. Ticks can be the size of a poppy seed. Take a look at this muffin, there are 5 ticks on it can you spot them?
Vets can tell you how to look and where the most common spots are that seem to get more than their fair share of ticks on your pet and you.
Here are a few suggestions now that we are in tick season.
- Avoid wooded and brushy areas with high grass and leaf litter.
- Walk in the center of trails.
Find and Remove Ticks From Your Body
- Bath or shower as soon as you can after coming indoors in the first two hours is best to wash off and more easily find ticks that are crawling on you
- Conduct a full body check have a family member check the areas that you can't see.
- Parents check in and around ears, check your children under the arms, inside the belly button, behind the knees, between the legs, around the waist, and especially in their hair.
Don't forget to examine your gear and pets, coats, and day packs. Get in the habit of checking from now until late Fall.