5 Things You Can Do To Make Your Vacation Less Stressful
Do you have any control over what happens to you on your vacation?
You can make your vacation a lot less stressful just follow these five things and getting there will have a lot less stress. I spoke to Mary Jean Grippe Travel, and she gave me the top 5 things you can do to take some stress out of traveling.
1. Plan ahead 1 to 2 years if possible. The days of getting an idea to travel and leaving that weekend are gone. Plan ahead by 1 to 2 years, and you will save money on air and in some cases lodging.
2. Now that you are planning ahead of time you can get deals on the entire vacation. Remember the longer you wait to plan the more the cost of your vacation rises.
3. Always use a travel agent, they will get you the best rates across the board. Did you know the cost of travel agents is absorbed by the airlines, car rental, travel companies, you name it? The best part, the agent is working and looking out for your best interest. Stay local with your agent they live where you do, and it’s in their best interest to make sure your trip goes smoothly.
4. Consider an all inclusive vacation, in the long run, you’ll save money and get more bang for your buck. Plus you are not constantly wondering how much you are spending and if you are staying in your budget.
5. Get travel insurance. I always thought it wasn’t needed, boy was I wrong. I talked to Mary Jean and listened to several nightmare stories that caused people to cancel trips and lost deposits and cost of travel. The insurance got them off the hook and got a lot of their money.
Subscribe to 96.1 The Eagle on