5 Things City Folks Aren’t Told About Moving Upstate
I was living in Columbus Ohio prior to coming to upstate New York.
I did have some friends that questioned my sanity. I have lived in several large cities over the course of my career in broadcasting. Almost all of the stops I made along the way was to live in the top 30 largest cities in the US. So, I really didn't know what to expect when I moved to the upstate region of New York. I might add I have now lived upstate longer than anywhere in my life.
I can honestly say if you don't like upstate we encourage you to sample Ohio, Los Angeles, California or Dallas, Texas. I think you will find out just how nice it is right here.
Now with that in mind, here are things people that move here are not told about moving to upstate according to New York Upstate who would be the expert on Upstate.
1. The city may be big but in the words of Billy Fuccillo upstate New York is huuuuge. We really do live in the country.
2. The Italian food is delicious and you're try things you've never even heard of like Utica Greens and chicken riggies.
3. There's more cows than people in some places. Upstate New York is farm country and there are plenty of areas with more livestock than people.
4. The mountains. Upstate New York is home to the Adirondacks with miles of hiking trails, camping and lakes.
5. Remember the Miracle on Ice when Team USA finally beat Russia in the Olympics. That happened in upstate New York in a little town called Lake Placid.
We like living here and yes you will too!