5 Facts About Thanksgiving
Have you ever wondered what the first Thanksgiving was all about? Here are five interesting facts about the feast that became a National holiday.
1. The Plymouth Pilgrims were the first to celebrate Thanksgiving. They sailed across the Atlantic to reach North America on a ship called The Mayflower.
2. They would celebrate the first Thanksgiving at Plymouth Massachusetts. The celebration would last three days.
3. The feast was first celebrated in 1621 and organized by Pilgrim leader William Bradford.
4. The feast consisted of lobster, rabbit, chicken, fish, squash, beans, chestnuts, hickory nuts, onions, leeks, carrots, eggs, cabbage and goat cheese.
5. The Pilgrims did not use forks, they would eat with spoons, knives and their fingers.