5 Facts About Cinco De Mayo
Cinco De Mayo is the 5th of May and is celebrated pretty much every where. Here is some interesting facts.
1. Cinco De Mayo is a Mexican national holiday that celebrates the victory of the Mexicans over the French at the battle of Puebla in 1862. Millions of people take part and do not even know what they are celebrating, they just go for the refreshments.
2. The biggest celebration is held in Puebla Mexico.
3. The largest celebration in the world is called Fiesta Broadway, held in Los Angeles it is attended by more that 500,000 people.
4. Cinco De Mayo is celebrated in Canada, Australia, the Carribbean, and The United States.
5. The very first Cinco De Mayo celebration was in Southern Calif. all the way back in 1863.
Subscribe to 96.1 The Eagle on