2016 New York State Woodsman’s Field Days In Boonville
The sights, the sounds, the sawdust. Lumberjacks and Jill's head to Boonville the third weekend in August rain or shine for the New York State Woodsman's Field Days.
The 69th New York State Woodsman's Field Days at the Boonville-Oneida County Fairgrounds is Aug 19 - Aug 21. We're still waiting for the 2016 schedule to be announced but here are some events that are held every year.
- Horse skidding exhibition
- Educational forestry seminars
- Beards contest
- Tug of war and greased pole competition
- Lumberjack contests
- Burling (log rolling in water)
- Chainsaw carving demonstration
- Jack and Jill crosscut
- Axe throwing
- Tree falling
- Naming of the 2016 NYS Open Champion Woodsman
- The Indian River Olde Time Lumberjack Show
Contestants come from Canada, Australia, and New Zealand to compete in the Lumberjack festivities. Many have been featured on ESPN and Wide World of Sports. You'll also see displays of various forestry related equipment for the professional logger to the occasional firewood cutter.
We'll include the 2016 schedule of events when they're available.